College internship program
Consider it a career test drive; you have the opportunity to see exactly what a high-performance career truly has to offer. Our interns jump in and have a real employee experience. We even offer benefits such as café subsidies, free parking, employee discounts, volunteering opportunities, and on-site educational workshops that give you access to executives and senior management in your field.
As a leading provider of fixed and variable annuities and life insurance, Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America (Allianz) is built on the strength of its employees. If you want a real-world environment, with fast-paced and challenging work that makes a difference, we encourage you to check out our internship program. In this 12-week program, we will offer you opportunities to:
- Lead high-priority projects that will have a real impact on the business
- Turn your ideas into reality at a company that recognizes achievements
- Capitalize on the freedom and independence we offer to leave your mark on projects
- Receive exposure to other departments and professions
- Deliver from day one, and grow exponentially thereafter
- Share your ideas and challenge the status quo
- Take advantage of the opportunity to interact with executive leadership
- Present your accomplishments to your department and senior leadership
- Network with other interns at fun events and development activities
- Café discounts
- Competitive market pay
- Opportunites to volunteer
- Discounted tickets to professional sporting events, ValleyFair, Minnesota State Fair, Guthrie Theater plays, and more
- Discounted membership to our on-site gym
- Free learning and development courses
- Opportunities to network with peers and Allianz employees
- Opportunities to "step in" with employees, gaining insight about their career
- Lunch break activities such as basketball, shuffleboard, putt-putt holes, bocce ball, and ping pong
- Access to employee meetings and seminars
- Exclusive intern activities such as Coffee Talks with the CEO and the Executive Leadership Group, ice cream socials, bowling, game nights, volunteering opportunity with local organizations, an end-of-the-program picnic, and more!
To be considered for spring and summer internships, please submit resumes to Derek.Halen@allianzlife.com.
To learn more, attend one of our upcoming career fairs
- Minnesota Private Colleges Career Fair
Allison, Hamline University
"I've really enjoyed working for Allianz because of the amazing company culture. Through educational efforts and work incentives (i.e., casual dress July!), you can definitely tell the company values their employees. What I've loved most about my internship is the real work experience I've gotten. All of my projects have had an effect on the company at large, and I'm constantly learning something new about marketing."
Paul, University of St. Gallen
"I have been pleasantly surprised by the amount of exposure we have been provided to employees and managers of all levels and all business divisions, including substantial interaction with members of the Executive Leadership Group."
Arielle, Bethel University
"My manager continually pushes me to be all that I can be by encouraging me to be innovative and to take initiative. This opportunity has increased my leadership capabilities and has been an amazing, foundational stepping stone to my future career."
Erik, Amherst College
"Working at Allianz has proved to me the importance of enjoying where you work. The level of responsibility that Allianz gives its employees, while providing the freedom to accomplish their individual goals, really makes it a great place to work."
Andrew, University of Minnesota
"Allianz has opened numerous doors for me, they have given me a real opportunity to perform and develop in the working world. Not only are the professionals that work at Allianz friendly and willing to help you grow, they are the best in their field. The skills and relationships I developed while interning this summer will last a lifetime."
Takeyah, St. Olaf College
"The experiences I have had at Allianz have become building blocks that have helped create a strong foundation for many great opportunities to come. All the different facets of Allianz have amounted to a fantastic opportunity for me, and I look forward to being able to use the real work and networking experiences from my internship to help my future career."
The testimonial statements provided are from former students participating in the Allianz college internship program. The testimonials may not be representative of the experience of other participants. The testimonials were not paid for.
You've filled your college years with interesting courses, amazing friends, and memorable experiences. Let that momentum continue as you embark on an exciting career path with us. At Allianz, we deliver on our promises, plain and simple. Allianz provides a culture of support, growth potential, and a Total Rewards program for benefits.
Most companies offer you a great future. We're offering you a great present and the support, training, and opportunity you need to take your career wherever you want it to go. Ready to live in the now? Then we're ready for you.
Visit our careers page for open positions and to apply.