Consider it a career test drive; you have the opportunity to see exactly what a high-performance career truly has to offer. Our interns jump in and have a real employee experience. We even offer benefits such as café subsidies, free parking, employee discounts, and on-site educational workshops that give you access to executives and senior management in your field.
As a leading provider of fixed and variable annuities and life insurance, Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America (Allianz) is built on the strength of its employees. If you want a real-world environment, with fast-paced and challenging work that makes a difference, we encourage you to check out our internship program. In this 12- or 14-week program, we will offer you opportunities to:
- Lead high-priority projects that will have a real impact on the business
- Turn your ideas into reality at a company that recognizes achievements
- Capitalize on the freedom and independence we offer to leave your mark on projects
- Receive exposure to other departments and professions
- Deliver from day one, and grow exponentially thereafter
- Share your ideas and challenge the status quo
- Take advantage of the opportunity to interact with executive leadership
- Present your accomplishments to your department and senior leadership
- Network with other interns at fun events and development activities
- Café discounts
- Competitive market pay
- Discounted tickets to professional sporting events, Valley Fair, Minnesota State Fair, Guthrie Theatrie plays, and more
- Discounted membership to our gym
- Free learning and development courses
- Opportunities to network with peers and Allianz employees
- Opportunities to "step in" with employees, gaining insight about their career
- Lunch break activities such as basketball, shuffleboard, putt-putt holes, bocce ball, and ping pong
- Access to employee meetings and seminars
- Exclusive intern activities such as Coffee Talks with the CEO and the Executive Leadership Group, ice cream socials, bowling, game nights, volunteering opportunity with local organizations, an end-of-the-program picnic, and more!
To be considered for spring and summer 2013 internships, please submit resumes to Katherine.Houston@allianzlife.com.
To learn more, attend one of our upcoming career fairs:
- Minnesota State Universities Career Fair
- Minnesota Private Colleges Career Fair
What Allianz interns have to say
"I've really enjoyed working for Allianz because of the amazing company culture.
Through educational efforts and work incentives (i.e., casual dress July!), you can
definitely tell the company values their employees. What I've loved most about my
internship is the real work experience I've gotten. All of my projects have had
an effect on the company at large, and I'm constantly learning something new about
"I have been pleasantly surprised by the amount of exposure we have been provided
to employees and managers of all levels and all business divisions, including
substantial interaction with members of the Executive Leadership Group. This has
been instrumental in allowing interns to see the commitment Allianz has to employee
development and to gain an understanding of why Allianz is consistently rated as
one of the best places to work in the Twin Cities."
"My manager continually pushes me to be all that I can be by encouraging me to be
innovative and to take initiative. This opportunity has increased my leadership
capabilities and has been an amazing, foundational stepping stone to my future career."
"Working at Allianz has proved to me the importance of enjoying where you work. The
level of responsibility that Allianz gives its employees, while providing the freedom
to accomplish their individual goals, really makes it a great place to work."
"Allianz has opened numerous doors for me, they have given me a real opportunity
to perform and develop in the working world. Not only are the professionals that
work at Allianz friendly and willing to help you grow, they are the best in their
field. The skills and relationships I developed while interning this summer will
last a lifetime."
"The experiences I have had at Allianz have become building blocks that have helped
create a strong foundation for many great opportunities to come. All the different
facets of Allianz have amounted to a fantastic opportunity for me, and I look forward
to being able to use the real work and networking experiences from my internship to
help my future career."
The testimonial statements provided are from former students participating in the Allianz College internship program. The testimonials may not be representative of the experience of other participants. The testimonials were not paid for.
You've filled your college years with interesting courses, amazing friends, and memorable experiences. Let that momentum continue as you embark on an exciting career path with us. At Allianz, we deliver on our promises, plain and simple. Allianz provides a culture of support, growth potential, and a Total Rewards program for benefits.
Most companies offer you a great future. We're offering you a great present and the support, training, and opportunity you need to take your career wherever you want it to go. Ready to live in the now? Then we're ready for you.
Visit our careers page for open positions and to apply.