Local College-Bound Students Receive $70,000 in Scholarships from Allianz Life
June 18, 2019
Company Announces Recipients of Annual Employee Legacy Scholarship Program
MINNEAPOLIS – June 18, 2019 – Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America (Allianz Life®) announced today that it has awarded $70,000 in college scholarships to 14 children of Allianz Life employees as part of its annual Legacy Scholarship Program.
The scholarship program recognizes employees’ children who have exhibited the Allianz Life core values of integrity, care and respect, as well as excellence in academics and participation in community outreach and volunteerism. Over the past 28 years, Allianz Life has given more than $900,000 in scholarship funds to over 270 students.
“The Legacy Scholarship Program recognizes the hard work and excellence achieved by the children of our employees,” said Walter White, president and CEO, Allianz Life. “We’re proud to support these students and their families and celebrate their accomplishments as they continue to build a bright future.”
Allianz Life awarded the following scholarships:
- Alyson Brinker from Maplewood, Minn., attending St. Olaf College (Northfield, Minn.)
- Audrey Kennedy from Minneapolis, attending University of Minnesota – Twin Cities (Minneapolis)
- Carter Mong from Savage, Minn., attending University of Minnesota – Twin Cities (Minneapolis)
- Jennifer Kallenbach from Independence, Minn., attending Georgia Southern University (Statesboro, Ga.)
- Julianna Thao from Cottage Grove, Minn., attending University of St. Thomas (St. Paul, Minn.)
- Lauryn Samuel from Brooklyn Park, Minn., attending Concordia University (St. Paul, MN)
- Lila Maus from Minneapolis, attending DePaul University (Chicago)
- Mark Roby from Lewisville, Texas, attending University of South Carolina (Columbia, S.C.)
- Parker Friedman from Becker, Minn., attending St. Cloud State University (St. Cloud, Minn.)
- Ranae Raustadt from Shakopee, Minn., attending Minnesota State University (Mankato, Minn.)
- Sanyukta Padmanabhan from Shakopee, Minn., attending University of Minnesota – Twin Cities (Minneapolis)
- Sujay Racha from Shakopee, Minn., attending University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
- Sydney Galinson from Golden Valley, Minn., attending Tulane University (New Orleans)
- Taniya Crowther from Edina, Minn., attending University of Minnesota – Twin Cities (Minneapolis)
The Allianz Legacy Scholarship Program was established as the Rosie Wineland Memorial Scholarship in 1991, and honors employees who have passed away and supports their legacies.
About Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America
Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America, one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2019, has been keeping its promises since 1896 by helping Americans achieve their retirement income and protection goals with a variety of annuity and life insurance products. In 2018, Allianz Life provided $2.8 billion in benefit payments that helped policyholders’ achieve their financial goals. As a leading provider of fixed index annuities, Allianz Life is part of Allianz SE, a global leader in the financial services industry with over 142,000 employees in more than 80 countries. Allianz Life is a proud sponsor of Allianz Field in St. Paul, Minnesota, home of Major League Soccer’s Minnesota United.