Allianz Life Renews $350,000 in Grants for Local Financial Literacy Programs
July 31, 2019
Grants Help Support Financial Literacy Programs in the Twin Cities
MINNEAPOLIS – July 31, 2019 – As part of its ongoing commitment to promoting financial literacy, Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America (Allianz Life®) announced today that it renewed the $350,000 in grants to 16 Twin-Cities nonprofits. Grants range from $15,000 to $30,000 and support financial literacy programs that teach money management, provide asset-building initiatives, and offer financial resources for people of all ages.
“These grant recipients are dedicated to increasing access to financial education and improving financial decision-making,” said Walter White, president and CEO, Allianz Life. “We’re proud to continue helping these organizations in their mission to make a positive impact on the community.”
Since 2010, Allianz Life has given out over $2.4 million in grant money to organizations with strong financial literacy programs. Some of these initiatives include financial education for low-income, college-bound students and homeless populations as well as credit counseling services for families to establish and maintain financial stability.
The following nonprofits received a 2019 Financial Literacy Grant:
- CLIMB Theater - $30,000 to support their financial literacy programming through plays
- CLUES - $25,000 to support their Financial Empowerment Services
- College Possible - $30,000 to support their Financial Literacy Curriculum
- Cornerstone - $15,000 to support their Community and Economic Empowerment Services Program
- EMERGE - $25,000 to support their Financial Wellness Service Program
- Emerge Mother’s Academy - $15,000 to support their Parenting Support Program
- FamilyMeans - $25,000 to support their Financial Solutions Program
- HIRED - $20,000 to support their Building Family Assets Program
- Lutheran Social Services - $20,000 to support their #GOTTHIS Financial Skills Building Program for Women
- Minnesota Council on Economic Education - $25,000 to support their Community Mentorship for Financial Capability Program
- PPL (Project For Pride In Living) - $25,000 to support their Employment Training and Financial Literacy Empowerment Program
- Prepare + Prosper - $25,000 to support their Financial Capability Program
- PRG , Inc. - $15,000 to support their Homeownership Education and Advising Services
- Reach for Resources - $15,000 to support their Giving a Voice Program
- The Family Place - $15,000 to support their Going Home: Adult Life Skills Program
- Twin Cities RISE! - $25,000 to support their Financial Education Program
In addition to the grant renewals, Allianz Life also contributed $75,000 each to BestPrep and Junior Achievement of the Upper Midwest in support of our ongoing financial literacy partnership.
For more information about Allianz Life’s community giving programs, visit Allianz Life Community Outreach.
About Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America
Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America, one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2019, has been keeping its promises since 1896 by helping Americans achieve their retirement income and protection goals with a variety of annuity and life insurance products. In 2018, Allianz Life provided $2.8 billion in benefit payments that helped policyholders achieve their financial goals. As a leading provider of fixed index annuities, Allianz Life is part of Allianz SE, a global leader in the financial services industry with over 142,000 employees in more than 80 countries. Allianz Life is a proud sponsor of Allianz Field in St. Paul, Minnesota, home of Major League Soccer’s Minnesota United.