Local Financial Literacy Programs Get $350,000 in Grant Money from Allianz Life
July 10, 2018
MINNEAPOLIS – July 10, 2018 – As part of its ongoing commitment to promoting financial literacy, Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America (Allianz Life®) announced today that it has given $350,000 in grants to 16 Twin-Cities nonprofits. The amount granted in 2018 is up $75,000 over 2017. Grants range from $15,000 to $30,000 and support financial literacy programs that teach money management, provide asset-building initiatives, and offer financial resources for people of all ages.
“Increasing access to financial education and guidance is one of the first steps toward improving financial decision-making, and in turn, helping people attain financial security,” said Walter White, president and CEO, Allianz Life. “The work done by these organizations is critical to that access, and we are pleased to have increased the amount of our grants to help them continue to make a positive impact on the community.”
Since 2010, Allianz Life has given out over $2.1 million in grant money to organizations with strong financial literacy programs. Some of these initiatives include financial education for low-income, college-bound students and homeless populations as well as credit counseling services for families to establish and maintain financial stability.
The following nonprofits received a 2018 Financial Literacy Grant:
- CLIMB Theater - $30,000 to support their financial literacy programming through plays
- CLUES - $25,000 to support their Financial Empowerment Services
- College Possible - $30,000 to support their Financial Literacy Curriculum
- Cornerstone - $15,000 to support their Community and Economic Empowerment Services Program
- EMERGE - $25,000 to support their Financial Wellness Service Program
- Emerge Mother’s Academy - $15,000 to support their Parenting Support Program
- FamilyMeans - $25,000 to support their Financial Solutions Program
- HIRED - $20,000 to support their Building Family Assets Program
- Lutheran Social Services - $20,000 to support their #GOTTHIS Financial Skills Building Program for Women
- Minnesota Council on Economic Education - $25,000 to support their Community Mentorship for Financial Capability Program
- PPL (Project For Pride In Living) - $25,000 to support their Employment Training and Financial Literacy Empowerment Program
- Prepare + Prosper - $25,000 to support their Financial Capability Program
- PRG , Inc. - $15,000 to support their Homeownership Education and Advising Services
- Reach for Resources - $15,000 to support their Giving a Voice Program
- The Family Place - $15,000 to support their Going Home: Adult Life Skills Program
- Twin Cities RISE! - $25,000 to support their Financial Education Program
For more information about Allianz Life’s community giving programs, visit Allianz Life Community Outreach.
About Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America
Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America, one of FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2018, has been keeping its promises since 1896. Today, it carries on that tradition, helping Americans achieve their retirement income and protection goals with a variety of annuities and life insurance products. In 2017, Allianz Life provided a total of $2.7 billion in benefit payments that supported policyholders’ financial objectives. As a leading provider of fixed index annuities, Allianz Life is part of Allianz SE, a global leader in the financial services industry with 142,000 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide. More than 85 million private and corporate customers rely on Allianz knowledge, global reach, and capital strength to help them make the most of financial opportunities.