MINNEAPOLIS – Dec. 16, 2019 – As part of its annual Spirit of Giving campaign, Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America (Allianz Life®) donated more than 19,000 pounds of food, 17,400 pounds of clothing, and 3,083 new toys to local nonprofits this holiday season.
The giving campaign, one of the largest fundraising efforts the company puts on, spanned five weeks. During that time, employees brought in donated goods, and raised money through various raffles, donations, and other creative fundraising ideas like bake sales, contests and games. In total, employees and the company donated $188,690.
“The Spirit of Giving effort benefits the critical work these nonprofits are doing in the Twin Cities,” said Walter White, president and CEO, Allianz Life. “Making a difference in our community is part of how we do business, and this campaign is just one of the important ways we accomplish this.”
The four area nonprofits that are receiving the donations are:
- PRISM (People Responding in Social Ministry), a social service agency located in Golden Valley, Minn. that helps thousands of families and seniors in need
- The Arc Minnesota, funds programs for people with developmental disabilities
- Second Harvest Heartland, the Upper Midwest’s largest hunger relief organization
- Toys for Tots, distributes toys to less fortunate children
During the campaign’s 20 years, Allianz Life employees have given more than:
- $1,313,690 in cash donations,
- 389,500 pounds of food, and
- 375,000 pounds of clothing.
Learn more about Allianz Life’s giving programs and ongoing commitment to supporting the Twin Cities community at Why Allianz.