With 15 years in the financial services industry, Reitan has broad experience in technologies for financial professionals, retirement strategies, and the overall fintech/insurtech landscape. Reitan has spent time as the chief financial officer of Questar Capital and Questar Asset Management, as well as leading strategy for Allianz Life. She was also instrumental in cofounding and leading the Allianz Life Ventures group.
- Over 15 years with Allianz Life and its affiliates, focusing on helping financial professionals in acquiring and serving clients with retirement planning, life insurance and annuities via tools and operational models that improve the client outcomes and experience.
- Oversees Allianz Life efforts to integrate advisor financial technologies (fintech) into its product and sales delivery model. Partners with advisor fintech companies to include insurance products in the financial professional's planning process and make the operational process of selling and managing insurance products a part of the advisor's current practices.
- Previously led Allianz Life Ventures, the company’s strategic investment arm, for its first five years. Helped build a strong market presence in the fintech landscape, partnering with the portfolio companies to move our business and the industry forward.
- Speaker at fintech and venture capital events on trends and changes in the fintech/insurtech landscape and how they impact the U.S. insurance industry. Cosponsored the OnRamp Insurance Conference and Accelerator in partnership with Securian Financial and Gener8tor.
Education, certifications, and memberships:
- B.A. in Economics and Political Science from University of Puget Sound (Washington)
- M.A. in International Economic Policy from American University (Washington, D.C.)
- FINRA 7 and 24 securities registrations
- Board member of Twin Cities R!SE