With 15 years in the financial services industry, Reitan has broad experience in technologies for financial professionals, retirement strategies, and the overall fintech/insurtech landscape. Reitan has spent time as the chief financial officer of Questar Capital and Questar Asset Management, as well as leading strategy for Allianz Life. She was also instrumental in cofounding and leading the Allianz Life Ventures group.
- Over 15 years with Allianz Life and its affiliates, focusing on helping financial professionals in acquiring and serving clients with retirement planning, life insurance and annuities via tools and operational models that improve the client outcomes and experience.
- Oversees Allianz Life Ventures team, the company’s strategic investment arm, to make direct investments in and build relationships with strategically relevant fintech startups, partnering to move our business and the industry forward.
- Led cosponsorship of the OnRamp Insurance Accelerator in partnership with Securian Financial and Gener8tor.
- Speaker at venture capital events on trends and changes in the fintech/insurtech landscape and how they impact the U.S. insurance industry.
- Worked at PIMCO, focused on delivery of retirement income planning software.
Education, certifications, and memberships:
- B.A. in Economics and Political Science from University of Puget Sound (Washington)
- M.A. in International Economic Policy from American University (Washington, D.C.)
- FINRA 7 and 24 securities registrations
- Board member of Twin Cities R!SE