Fixed annuities earn interest at a set rate, for a specified period of time. A fixed annuity may be a good choice if you want predictable interest and no risk of losing the money ("principal") you've placed in the annuity.
Fixed annuities can offer:
- Principal protection
- Tax-deferred growth
- Income options, including income for life
- Death benefit options
How do fixed annuities work?
- You give the insurance company money in one or more payments.
- The insurance company then invests it on behalf of all annuity owners.
- During the accumulation phase, your annuity will earn a fixed rate of interest that is guaranteed by the insurance company.
- You defer paying taxes on your contract’s interest until you receive money from the contract. Tax-deferred interest means the money in your contract can grow faster.
- After a period of time specified by your contract, you may then receive the amount allowed by your contract in a lump sum, over a set period of time, or as income for the rest of your life. This is known as the distribution phase.
Allianz fixed annuities:
Purchasing an annuity within a retirement plan that provides tax deferral under sections of the Internal Revenue Code results in no additional tax benefit. An annuity should be used to fund a qualified plan based upon the annuity’s features other than tax deferral. All annuity features, risks, limitations, and costs should be considered prior to purchasing an annuity within a tax-qualified retirement plan.
Any distributions are subject to ordinary income tax and, if taken prior to age 59½, a 10% federal additional tax.
Guarantees are backed by the financial strength and claims-paying ability of Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America.
• Not FDIC insured • May lose value • No bank or credit union guarantee • Not a deposit • Not insured by any federal government agency or NCUA/NCUSIF
Products are issued by Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America, PO Box 59060, Minneapolis, MN 55469-0060. (C52121)
In the state of New York, only Allianz Life Insurance Company of New York is authorized to offer annuities and life insurance.
Product and feature availability may vary by state and broker/dealer.