What is life insurance?
Life insurance is a contract between you and an insurance company. The main purpose of life insurance is to provide a financial benefit to your loved ones in the event of an early death. Typical reasons for buying life insurance include paying funeral expenses, providing mortgage assistance, supplementing educational expenses for children and spouses, replacing lost income, and helping to protect the value of an estate after the insured passes on.
Life insurance offers a variety of benefits:
- Protection against the financial risk of dying too soon
- Some also offer the opportunity for cash value accumulation
Life insurance could be right for you if you want:
- The reassurance of knowing your loved ones will receive financial assistance after you’re gone
- The ability, in certain cases, to add cash value accumulation potential in addition to the death benefit
- Additional ways, with some products, to help with supplementing expenses, including medical bills, college expense, replacing lost income, or covering other emergency costs via policy loans.1
1Policy loans will reduce the available cash value and death benefit and may cause the policy to lapse, or affect guarantees against lapse. Additional premium payments may be required to keep the policy in force. In the event of a lapse, outstanding policy loans in excess of unrecovered cost basis will be subject to ordinary income tax. Tax laws are subject to change and your clients should consult a tax professional.
Guarantees are backed by the financial strength and claims-paying ability of Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America.
• Not FDIC insured • May lose value • No bank or credit union guarantee • Not a deposit • Not insured by any federal government agency or NCUA/NCUSIF
Products are issued by Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America, PO Box 59060, Minneapolis, MN 55469-0060.
In the state of New York, only Allianz Life Insurance Company of New York is authorized to offer annuities and life insurance.
Product and feature availability may vary by state and broker/dealer.