Custom-fit your coverage
Allianz Life Pro+ starts with an income-tax-free death benefit. Death benefit proceeds can be used to pay down debt, supplement college expenses, help with business succession planning, and/or final expenses. But the protection goes beyond life insurance and includes a death benefit so you can address several of your financial concerns with one policy.
Allianz Life Pro+ may be a good fit if you need life insurance and like the opportunity to accumulate cash value for future needs. The potential cash value can be accessed income-tax-free through policy loans1 or withdrawals for various purposes, such as supplemental college funding or retirement income.
With Allianz Life Pro+, any cash value has the potential to accumulate tax-deferred based on positive changes in an external market index – and is guaranteed to never decrease due to market volatility (although certain fees and charges will decrease cash value). As an alternative to indexed interest, you have the option of allocating all or part of your money to a fixed interest account.
Allianz Life Pro+ can also help protect your purchasing power by providing an annual interest credit to the policy, based on any positive changes in the Consumer Price Index. This feature is available through an optional rider (which is available at an additional cost). Many optional riders are available for you to choose from (some at an additional cost) to provide you with the type of protection you want most.
1Policy loans and withdrawals will reduce the available cash value and death benefit and may cause the policy to lapse, or affect guarantees against lapse. Additional premium payments may be required to keep the policy in force. In the event of a lapse, outstanding policy loans in excess of unrecovered cost basis will be subject to ordinary income tax. Tax laws are subject to change and you should consult your tax professional.
Issue age and minimum
You must be age 80 or younger to purchase Allianz Life Pro+ .1
The minimum initial premium payment is based on age, gender, risk class, death benefit, and riders, but is never less than $25/month or $300/year.
Available risk classes include:
- Nontobacco (ages 18-80): Preferred Plus, Preferred, Standard
- Tobacco (ages 18-80): Preferred Tobacco, Standard Tobacco
- Juvenile: (ages 0-17)
Minimum death benefit on the insured begins at $100,000, with a $65,000,000 maximum death benefit (subject to limitations).
Death benefit options
You have the flexibility to choose which death benefit option best suits your needs. Because your needs and goals may change, you also have the opportunity to change your death benefit option after the first policy year.
- Death benefit option A (level): Your death benefit will be equal to the specified amount.
- Death benefit option B (increasing): Your death benefit will be equal to the specified amount plus the accumulation value.
- Death benefit option C (return of premium): Your death benefit is equal to the specified amount plus the premium you have paid into the policy. This option can only be elected at issue.
Premium payment options
Available payment options include:
- Premium Deposit Fund Rider - Combines all of the advantages of life insurance with the simplicity of a single lump-sum payment. By submitting a lump-sum amount to the PDF, we're able to automatically transfer your annual premium payments into your life insurance policy for you. This feature is available at no additional cost, but is not available in all states. The funding period can be designated between 3-10 policy years.
GuaranteesIf you pay the required minimum premium for the first 10 policy years and do not take policy loans or withdrawals, your policy will be guaranteed not to lapse during that 10-year period.
Survivor benefitThe death benefit increases 10% if the beneficiary chooses to take the policy proceeds over 10 years or longer.
At age 120
When the insured turns 120, the death benefit equals the accumulation value. All loans will be allocated to the fixed allocation and will be charged the preferred loan rate. No premium will be accepted after age 120, unless it’s necessary to keep the policy in force, and no deductions or charges will be assessed after the insured reaches age 120.
Accessing the death benefit
Chronic Illness Accelerated Benefit Rider2
Terminal Illness Accelerated Benefit
- Premium charge: A premium charge of 5% will be deducted as each premium is paid into the policy.
- Monthly insurance cost charge: An insurance cost charge will be deducted every month on the monthly anniversary and is based on factors such as age, gender, and risk class.
- Monthly policy charge: A policy charge of $7.50 per policy will be deducted every month on the monthly anniversary.
- Monthly expense charge: An expense charge will be deducted every month on the monthly anniversary and is based on age, gender, and risk class.
10-year decreasing surrender charge (based on age, gender, death benefit amount, and risk class).
Allocation optionsIndex allocation options
You may select your allocation options in increments of 1% and change your selections on every policy anniversary. Your options are:
- Barclays US Dynamic Balance Index II3
- A blended index that is comprised of Dow Jones Industrial Average (35%), Barclays Capital U.S. Aggregate Bond Index (35%), EURO STOXX 50® Index (20%), and Russell 2000® Index (10%)
- Blended index with 2% annual floor
- S&P 500® Index
The following tables show the index options and crediting methods available.
|Annual point-to-point||Monthly average||Monthly sum||Trigger (annual point-to-point)|
|Barclays US Dynamic Balance Index II3||yes||no||no||no|
Barclays US Dynamic Balance Index II with annual floor3
|Blended index with 2% floor||yes||yes||no||no|
|S&P 500® index||yes||no||yes||yes|
You may also select fixed interest for a portion of your policy values. Your fixed interest rate is guaranteed to never be less than 0.1%; ask your financial professional for the current rate.
The participation rate will vary depending on which crediting method you choose. The participation rate determines how much of the percentage of indexed growth for an index option we use to calculate any indexed interest we credit to a life insurance policy.
- If you choose the monthly sum or annual point-to-point crediting method, which include caps on indexed interest, Allianz will guarantee a 100% participation rate over the life of the policy.
- If you choose the monthly average crediting method, Allianz will establish the participation rate on each policy anniversary. The participation rate is guaranteed to never be less than 5%.
- If the Barclays US Dynamic Balance Index II options are chosen, Allianz will establish the participation rate on each policy anniversary. This participation rate will be guaranteed to never be less than 5%. For the option with annual floor, the annual floor is set by Allianz at the start of the policy, and upon each policy anniversary, and is guaranteed to never be less than 0.5%.
How much indexed interest your policy can earn may be limited by a cap. The cap is the maximum percentage of index change we use for a specified time period to determine how much interest we credit to your policy in a given contract year. Ask your financial professional for the current cap.
The annual floor depends on the index allocation option you choose. If the index performance is flat or negative, you will still receive credited interest equal to the annual floor.
- A guaranteed annual bonus of 0.6% will be credited to the policy accumulation bonus starting in year 113.
Accessing the cash value
Allianz Life Pro+ provides flexibility and access to the cash value via policy loans and withdrawals while the insured is living. There are several ways to access your available cash value without incurring surrender charges:
- Indexed loan
- Standard loan
- Preferred loan
- Withdrawals/partial surrenders
Riders that may be available at an additional cost
- Inflation Protection Rider
- Waiver of Specified Premium Rider
- Enhanced Liquidity Rider
- Enhanced Cash Value Rider
- Additional Term Rider
- Other Insured Term Rider
- Long Term Care Accelerated Benefit Rider
- Child Term Rider
- Loan Protection Rider
Riders may not be available in all states.
1Issues age is 18-75 in OR, 0-75 in PA.
2The Chronic Illness Accelerated Benefit Rider is subject to age and underwriting requirements. It is available at an additional cost at the time the rider is exercised. There is no cost if the rider is not exercised.
3Available on policies issued on or after 8/4/15.
Talk to your financial professional to see if Allianz Life Pro+ is right for you. Here are some questions they can help answer:
- How can the policy provide your beneficiaries with financial reassurance?
- How does the policy provide opportunities for tax-deferred accumulation?
- Can the policy help me address other financial needs?