As general counsel, Cepek leads all of the company’s legal matters, serving the best interests of the company, its customers, and its distribution. She is the legal adviser for the executive management team and oversees litigation, corporate governance, product development, special investigations, regulatory matters, ethics, compliance, and government relations.
- Started at Allianz Life in 2009 as vice president in the corporate legal department, responsible for supervising a team of lawyers who specialize in developing new products and who provide legal guidance to Allianz Life in the areas of distribution and operations.
- Was also responsible for the Government Relations.
- Previously provided strategic legal counsel for Woodbury Financial Services, a retail broker/dealer.
- Previously was a partner at Querrey & Harrow in Chicago, specializing in commercial litigation.
Education, certifications and memberships:
- BA in political science and history from Illinois Wesleyan University
- Juris doctor degree from Valparaiso University School of Law (Indiana)
- Serves as board member and past board chair of the Minnesota chapter of the Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Board member and the immediate past president of the Association of Life Insurance Counsel.
- Member of the Life Insurance Council of New York board of directors
- Serves on the Advisory Council of the American College Maguire Center for Ethics in Financial Services
- Previous board member of the Alzheimer’s Association of Minnesota-North Dakota