As general counsel, Cepek leads all of the company’s legal matters, serving the best interests of the company, its customers, and its distribution. She is the legal advisor for the executive management team and oversees litigation, corporate governance, product development, special investigations, regulatory matters, ethics, compliance, and government relations.
- Started at Allianz Life in 2009 as vice president in the corporate legal department, responsible for supervising a team of lawyers who specialize in developing new products and who provide legal guidance to Allianz Life in the areas of distribution and operations.
- Member of the Allianz Global Inclusion Council, co-executive sponsor of the Allianz Global Race and Cultural Ethnicity employee network, and sponsor of the Allianz Life Asian American Pacific Islander employee resource group.
- Serves as the chair of the Allianz Foundation of North America board.
- Previously provided strategic legal counsel for Woodbury Financial Services, a retail broker/dealer.
- Previously was a partner at Querrey & Harrow in Chicago, specializing in commercial litigation.
Education, certifications, and memberships:
- B.A. in political science and history from Illinois Wesleyan University
- Juris doctor degree from Valparaiso University School of Law (Indiana)
- Board member of the Twin Cities Diversity in Practice and Wanton Injustice Legal Detail
- Board member of Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services
- Member and treasurer of the Life Insurance Council of New York board of directors
- Serves on the Advisory Council of the American College Maguire Center for Ethics in Financial Services
- Past board chair of the Minnesota chapter of the Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Past president of the Association of Life Insurance Counsel
- Previous board member of the Alzheimer’s Association of Minnesota-North Dakota