Legal and privacy
Information obtained through cookies and Web beacons/tags may be transmitted either directly to us or to a third-party service provider (such as network advertisers) authorized to collect information on our behalf. This information is used to measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics about visitors to our website in general and may be used to provide tailored offerings or content to you, including Allianz advertisements when you visit other websites.
You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being sent. You can learn more about adjusting your cookie preferences under the Help option in your browser. Please note, however, that by not accepting cookies, you will limit the functionality we can provide you when you make subsequent visits to our site.
Personal information collection
- Providing you with Allianz Life products or services you have requested
- Servicing your account
- Improving our services
- Informing you of additional Allianz Life products or services that may be of interest
To provide these products and services, we may need to ask you directly to provide, among other things, your name, social security number, physical address, zip code, email address and phone number.
Please note that we do not knowingly solicit information from children and we do not knowingly market our products or services to children.
Sharing information and consumer choice
When you provide information to us, it is not shared with any third party, unless requested by you or permitted by law. We may share your information with our affiliated companies only for the purpose of administering or servicing your Allianz Life policy. We may share your information with other third parties for any of the purposes listed above. We may also collect and summarize statistics that we gather about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and services and provide these statistics to third parties; however, when we do, these statistics will not include any personal information that identifies individuals.
Securing and protecting your information
We use encryption and authentication tools to protect your personal information. Information you provide us through our web site is secure.
To contact us or correct your information
If you believe that an error has been made in the accuracy of the data collected from you, we will correct such error upon adequate verification of the error and the identity of the person seeking the correction. Please understand that in order to protect your privacy and security, we may also need to take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Allianz family of companies
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America
- Allianz Financial Services, LLC
- Allianz Life and Annuity Company
1. Contents not intended for distribution or use where prohibited
The information provided on this website is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject the Company or its affiliates to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Neither the information, nor any opinion contained in this website constitutes a solicitation or offer by the Company or its affiliates to buy or sell any securities, futures, options or other financial instruments or provide any investment advice or service.
3. Notices of restrictions on your use
The Service, the website and all data and information and/or content that you see, hear or otherwise experience on the website (the "Content") belongs to the Company, its partners, affiliates, contributors or third parties and may be protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, intellectual property and other laws. Content provided by third-parties is used on the website with the permission of such third-parties.
You may download, print and store selected portions of the Content, provided that you (1) do not copy or post the Content on any network computer or transmit, distribute, publish or broadcast the Content in any media, including without limitation, a website; and (2) do not modify or alter the Content in any way, or delete or change any copyright or trademark notice. No right, title or interest in any copied or downloaded Content is transferred to you as a result of any such copying or downloading. The Company reserves complete title and full intellectual property rights in any Content you copy or download from this website.
4. Disclaimer of warranties
THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS." YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICE. THE COMPANY MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE. THE COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NONINFRINGEMENT, WITH REGARD TO THE WEBSITE, THE SERVICE, OR ANY INFORMATION OR CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN (INCLUDING THIRD PARTY INFORMATION).
THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ANY USE OF THE WEBSITE, THE SERVICE OR ANY INFORMATION OR CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN (INCLUDING THIRD PARTY INFORMATION). IT IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND USEFULNESS OF ALL INFORMATION OR CONTENT PROVIDED BY THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE.
THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS PERFORMED BY THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION OR CONTENT PROVIDED BY THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE, OR THAT ANY ERRORS IN THE INFORMATION OR CONTENT WILL BE CORRECTED. THE WEBSITE, THE SERVICE AND THE INFORMATION OR CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS.
5. Limitation of liability
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, (I) ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF DATA, PROGRAMS OR INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, THE SERVICE, OR THE INFORMATION OR CONTENT PROVIDED THEREIN, (II) ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE WEBSITE, THE SERVICE AND/OR INFORMATION OR CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN OR DOWNLOADED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE, OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE, EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE COMPANY'S LIABILITY IS LIMITED AND WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUDED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Click here to see the Company's Privacy Statement.
7. User conduct
8. General provisions
b. Correction of errors and inaccuracies The information in the website may contain typographical errors or other errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. We therefore reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice. We do not, however, guarantee that any errors, inaccuracies or omissions will be corrected.
c. No endorsements of links Hypertext links to third-party websites or information do not constitute or imply an endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation by the Company of the third party, the third-party website, or the information contained therein. You acknowledge and agree that the Company is not responsible for the availability of any such websites and that the Company does not endorse or warrant, and is not responsible or liable for any such website or the content therein. Any links to other sites are provided for convenience only. You need to make your own decisions regarding your interactions or communications with any other website.
- Sending us an e-mail request Contact Us
- Sending a letter via the U.S. mail to:
5701 Golden Hills Drive
Minneapolis, MN 55416-1297
At Allianz Life, we maintain important disaster recovery and business continuity plans that may be used in the event of a significant business disruption. We realize the critical nature of being able to continue material operations if an incident occurs that could affect important business units and systems. These plans are key components in maintaining emergency procedures, and are required by securities industry regulations.
Our business continuity plans provide for continuity of critical operations and other activities during a variety of disruptions. They include conducting operations from alternate sites in different locations, if necessary.
To maintain effective and secure plans, we keep them confidential and so do not provide specific details in this notice. In addition, we are committed to maintaining effective communications with you during a business disruption. Our business continuity plans are reviewed to ensure appropriate enhancements are implemented as technology improves, business plans evolve, or regulatory requirements change.
HIPAA Privacy Notice
This notice applies to the protected health information (PHI) that Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America (Allianz) maintains for your insurance coverage(s). It describes how PHI may be used and disclosed by Allianz and how to obtain access to this information.
This notice applies to Allianz and its subsidiaries, except Allianz Life Insurance Company of New York (Allianz Life® of NY).
We care about your privacy
Your privacy is a priority for us and it will be treated with the highest degree of confidentiality. In order for us to be able to provide you with health insurance products and services, we need to collect certain information from you. However, we want to emphasize that we are committed to maintaining the privacy of this information in accordance with law. All individuals having access to PHI about our customers are required to follow this policy.
Statement of our duties under HIPAA
We are required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (“HITECH”) Act (enacted as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009) to maintain the privacy of your PHI and to provide you with this notice of our privacy practices and legal duties. We are required to abide by the terms of this notice.
If we change the terms of this notice and make any new provisions applicable to the PHI that we maintain about you, we will provide you with a revised notice within 60 days of any material revision.
Statement of your rights under HIPAA
You have the following rights, so long as you request them in writing, using the contact information listed at the end of this notice.
- Access, inspect, copy, and amend. You have the right to access, inspect, and copy the PHI pertaining to you that we maintain in our files. You can request this PHI in an electronic format (Designated Record Set). If we don’t maintain your PHI in a Designated Record Set format, we will send this information in some other electronic format. You also have a right to request that we amend any of your PHI that we maintain in our files. We have the right to deny requests described in this paragraph in some circumstances. We have the right to charge a reasonable fee for our cost of providing this PHI to you. This fee includes the cost of supplies, postage, and our labor.
- Restrictions. You have the right to request that we place additional restrictions on our uses and disclosures of your PHI (beyond what the law requires), but we are not obligated to agree to any such additional restrictions.
- Accounting of disclosures. You have the right to receive an accounting of the disclosures of your PHI that we make, except for (1) disclosures related to your health care treatment, our health care payment functions, or other health care operations (this exception may not apply to certain PHI retained in a certain electronic format); (2) disclosures to you; (3) disclosures for national security purposes; (4) disclosures to correctional institutions or law enforcement officials; and (5) disclosures made more than six years prior to your request for this accounting. We have the right to charge a reasonable, cost-based fee for providing this accounting to you if you make this request more than once in each calendar year.
- Confidential communications. You have the right to specify how we communicate your PHI to you in order to preserve confidentiality. For example, you may request that we contact you at home, rather than work.
- Breach of security. You have a right to be notified by us if a breach of security occurs that affects your PHI. We will notify you without any unreasonable delay after our discovery of such a breach of security.
- File a complaint. You have the right to complain about our misuse of PHI. You may complain either directly to us or to the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services if you believe that your rights with respect to our protection of your PHI have been violated. We will supply you with the address of this U.S. Department upon request. To file a complaint with us, you may submit a complaint in writing at the address listed at the end of this notice. The complaint should include as many details as possible. You will not be retaliated against in any way for filing a complaint.
You may exercise your rights through a personal representative, who will be required to produce evidence of his/her authority to act on your behalf before that person will be given access to your PHI or allowed to take any action for you. Proof of this authority would consist of a power of attorney for health care purposes, a court order of appointment of the person as conservator or guardian, or an individual who is the parent of a minor child.
Allowable disclosures of PHI
You have a right to know how we may use or disclose your PHI. This notice informs you of those uses and disclosures. There are certain uses and disclosures of your PHI that we are permitted or required to make by law without your permission.
- Payment functions. We may use and disclose your PHI to carry out activities relating to reimbursing you for the provision of health care, obtaining premiums, determining health plan coverage, and providing benefits under the plan of insurance that you are purchasing from us.
- Health care operations. We may also use or disclose your PHI to carry out certain insurance-related activities. These activities include using your PHI for underwriting, premium rating, or other activities relating to the creation, renewal, or replacement of another contract of health insurance, and ceding, securing, or placing a contract for reinsurance of risk relating to claims for health care.
- Uses permitted/required by law. We may also use or disclose your PHI for purposes permitted or required by federal, state, or local law.
- Uses permitted/required by lawsuits and similar proceedings. We may also use or disclose your PHI in response to a court or administrative order (including a subpoena). If this happens, we would either inform you of the request or we would obtain a court order to prevent the requesting party from making any other disclosures of your information.
- Uses permitted/required by law enforcement. We may also use or disclose your PHI in response to a request by a law enforcement official under the following circumstances:
- Regarding a crime victim in certain situations, even if we are unable to obtain your agreement
- Concerning a death we believe might have resulted from criminal conduct
- Regarding criminal conduct at our offices
- In response to a warrant, summons, court order, subpoena, or similar legal process
- To identify/locate a suspect, material witness, fugitive, or missing person
- In an emergency, to report a crime (including the location or victim(s) of the crime or the description, identity, or location of the perpetrator)
Disclosures of PHI requiring your permission
All other uses or disclosures of your PHI will be made only with your written authorization. This authorization may be revoked at any time, in writing. After you revoke your authorization, we will no longer use or disclose your PHI for the reasons described in the authorization, except for the two situations noted below:
- We have taken action in reliance on your authorization before we received your written revocation; and
- You were required to give us your authorization as a condition of obtaining coverage.
To file a complaint, exercise privacy rights, or obtain further information about the Allianz HIPAA policies, contact us at:
Your privacy is a high priority for Allianz (“we” or “our”). Our pledge to protect your privacy is reflected in our Privacy Notice. This notice outlines our principles for collecting, using and protecting information that we maintain about you.
Information about you that Allianz collects
We collect information about you so that we can process the insurance transactions you request. We limit the amount of your information collected to what we feel is needed to maintain your account. We may collect your information from the following sources:
- From you, either directly or through your agent. This may include information on your insurance application or other forms you may complete. The information we collect includes, but is not limited to, your name, social security number, address and telephone number.
- From others, through the process of handling a claim. This may include information from medical or accident reports.
- From your doctor or during a home visit by a health assessment professional. This may include medical information about you gathered with your written authorization.
- From your relationship with us, such as the number of years you have been a customer or the types of insurance products you purchased.
- From a consumer reporting agency such as a medical, credit, or motor vehicle report. The information in these reports may be kept by the agency and shared with others.
Information about you that Allianz shares
We do not share information about current or former customers with anyone, except as allowed by law. “Allowed by law” means that we may share your information, such as your name, address, and policy information, as follows:
- With affiliates and other third parties in order to administer or service your policy.
- With consumer reporting agencies to obtain a medical report, credit report, or motor vehicle report. These reports are used to determine eligibility for coverage or to process your requested transactions.
- With your insurance agent so that they can perform services for you.
- With medical professionals in order to process your claim.
- With a state Department of Insurance in order to examine our records or business practices.
- With state or federal law enforcement agency, as required by law or to report suspected fraud activities.
- With research groups to conduct studies on claims results. No individual is identified in any study or report.
Allianz does not sell your information to anyoneWe do not sell your information to anyone for their own marketing purposes. For this reason, we are not required to obtain an “opt-in election,” an “opt-out election” or an authorization from you.
Allianz policies and practices regarding security of your information
We limit access to your information to those employees, affiliates, and service providers who need it to administer or service your policy. We use computer hardware and software tools to maintain physical and electronic safeguards. These safeguards comply with applicable federal and state regulations. We use state of the art technology to secure our websites and protect the information that may be shared over these sites. We restrict access to information about you to those employees who need the information to service your policy.
Your ability to access and correct your information
You have the right to access and obtain a copy of your information. You may write to us and also ask for a record of any disclosure of your medical information made within the last three (3) years. This does not include the right to access and copy your information related to a claim or civil or criminal proceeding. If you wish to review your information, please write us at the address above. Provide your full name, address and policy number(s). For your protection, please have your request notarized.
Within 30 working days of our receipt of your written request, you may see and get a copy of your information in person. If you prefer, we will send you a copy of your information. If medical information is contained in your file, we may request that you name a medical professional to whom we will send your information.
If you believe any of your information is incorrect, notify us in writing at the address above. Within 30 working days, we will let you know if our review has resulted in a correction of your information. If we do not agree there is an error, you may file a statement disputing our finding. We will attach the statement to your file. We will send any corrections we make, or your statement, to anyone we shared your information with over the past two years, and to anyone who may receive your information from us in the future. We do not control the information about you obtained from a consumer reporting agency or a Department of Motor Vehicles. We will provide you with the names and addresses of these agencies so that you can contact them directly.
Notification of change
Your trust is one of our most important assets. If we revise our privacy practices in the future, we will notify you prior to introducing any changes. This Privacy Notice is also displayed on our website at www.allianzlife.com.
For more information or if you have questions
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies or procedures, please call the Corporate Compliance Privacy Office at 800.328.5600, write us at the address above, or contact us via the secured website.
This Privacy Notice is being provided on behalf of the following affiliated companies:
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America
- Allianz Life Financial Services, LLC
- Allianz Life and Annuity Company