President, Allianz Investment Management LLC
- The economy and capital markets
- Mutual funds
- Product development – investments
- Strategic corporate venture programs
With more than 25 years in the financial services industry, Muench has broad experience across capital markets, retirement investment solutions, product development, and insurtech.
- Oversees the retail investment management business of Allianz Investment Management LLC, including mutual funds and ETFs, as well as the group’s business development.
- Portfolio manager for multi-asset mutual funds, with over $10 billion in AUM.
- Co-founder and co-managing partner of Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America (Allianz Life) Ventures, the corporate venture capital program of Allianz Life created to invest in start-ups of strategic relevance.
- Member of AZOA Services Corporation benefit plan investment committee.
- Member of Allianz Investment Management U.S. LLC’s investment committee.
- Allianz Life financial literacy committee member.
Education, certifications, and memberships:
- B.A. in Business Administration from University of Northern Iowa
- MBA from Drake University (Iowa)
- CFA Charterholder
- FINRA 6 and 24 securities registrations
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Allianz Variable Insurance Products Trust and AIM ETF Products Trust
- Board member for Minnesota Council on Economic Education