Bredemus has more than 30 years of insurance and portfolio management experience. His current role is with the asset liability management (ALM) and portfolio management team, providing capital markets analysis, developing the strategic and tactical asset allocation for Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America (Allianz Life), and implementing the portfolio strategy.
- 10 years with Allianz Life, focusing on ALM and general account portfolio management.
- Focused on capital-efficient, fixed income, liability-driven investment strategies.
- Specialty in securitized assets.
- Deep ALM knowledge.
- Speaker at industry conferences concerning economic outlook and insurance investing.
- Previously a fixed income mutual fund portfolio manager.
Education, certifications, and memberships:
- B.S. in mathematics and computer science from St. John’s University (Minnesota)
- Associate in the Society of Actuaries
- Board member of True Friends, a nonprofit serving the community of people with disabilities
USA Today, NBC News, CNBC, MarketWatch, Yahoo News