Bredemus has more than 30 years of insurance and portfolio management experience. His current role as head of portfolio management is to develop and implement the strategic and tactical portfolio strategy in the Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America (Allianz Life) general account, and provide capital analysis.
- 10 years with Allianz Life, focusing on ALM and general account portfolio management.
- Focused on capital-efficient, fixed income, liability-driven investment strategies.
- Specialty in securitized assets.
- Deep ALM knowledge.
- Speaker at industry conferences concerning economic outlook and insurance investing.
- Previously a fixed income mutual fund portfolio manager.
Education, certifications, and memberships:
- B.S. in mathematics and computer science from St. John’s University (Minnesota)
- Associate in the Society of Actuaries