As you plan for retirement, you want to give yourself every possible advantage – both while you're accumulating your savings, and after you begin receiving income. Allianz 222® Annuity can help.
Like all fixed index annuities, Allianz 222 Annuity offers you principal protection, potential indexed interest based on allocation options chosen, and the potential for tax-deferred growth.
Plus, Allianz 222 Annuity goes even further by giving you:
- two ways to get a bonus: Allianz 222 credits the Protected Income Value with a 15% premium bonus in the first three contract years. The Protected Income Value also receives an interest bonus equal to 50% of any interest earned from the chosen allocations.1
- two ways to receive income increase: Clients can get increases to their income withdrawals based on earned interest and the 50% interest bonus. Plus, they can double their income withdrawal if confined to an eligible hospital, nursing facility or assisted-living facility.2
- two ways to get a death benefit: The client's beneficiaries can receive the full accumulation value in a lump sum, or they can receive the full Protected Income Value as annuity payments over five years.
Allianz 222 Annuity may be a good choice if you want to accumulate wealth and want lifetime income opportunities after a 10-year time horizon, including the opportunity for income that can increase.
Watch the video to learn more
1The premium bonus and interest bonus are credited only to the Protected Income Value. To receive the PIV, including the bonus, the contract must be held for at least 10 contract years, and then lifetime income withdrawals must be taken. You will not receive the bonuses if the contract is fully surrendered or if traditional annuitization payments are taken. If it is partially surrendered the PIV will be reduced proportionally, which could result in a partial loss of bonuses. Income withdrawals are considered partial withdrawals and are subject to ordinary income tax and, if taken prior to 59½, a 10% federal additional tax. Because this is a bonus annuity, it may include higher surrender charges, longer surrender charge periods, lower caps, higher spreads, or other restrictions that are not included in similar annuities that don't offer a bonus feature.
2 To receive the Allianz Income Multiplier Benefit, your client must be confined to a qualified hospital, nursing facility, or assisted living facility for at least 90 days in a consecutive 120-day period. Confinement must occur after the first contract year and either during the contract year before the start of lifetime income withdrawals or at any time thereafter.
Talk to your financial professional to see if Allianz 222 Annuity is appropriate for you. Here are some questions they can help answer:
- How are the annuity’s principal and any credited interest protected?
- How can this product provide income for life and assist with the rising cost of living?
- What backs up any guarantees available with this product?
- What else should I consider that might impact my retirement?