With over 30 years in the financial services industry, Walther is responsible for the business results, strategic direction, sales execution, and distribution for several Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America (Allianz Life) product lines – including variable annuities, registered index-linked annuities, fixed index annuities, and buffered outcome ETFs.
- 25 years with Allianz Life, focusing on helping financial professionals acquire and serve clients with retirement planning, estate planning, and other tax-related strategies.
- Oversees Allianz Life Financial Services, LLC, a wholesale broker/dealer.
- Currently focused on leading a national team of retirement consultants working with advisors on growing their practice by helping clients achieve asset growth, sustainable retirement income, and long-term financial independence.
- Previously was chief operating officer of Allianz Life Financial Services and head of distribution relationship management.
- Helped company expand to new markets, including the registered investment adviser space.
- Speaker at industry events on trends and changes in retirement planning.
Education, certifications, and memberships:
- MBA from the University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management
- B.S. from Minnesota State University Moorhead
- FINRA 7, 24, 63, and 65 securities registrations
- State of Minnesota Life, Variable Life & Variable Annuities license
- ChFC® (Chartered Financial Consultant), RICP® (Retirement Income Certified Professional), WMCP® (Wealth Management Certified Professional), and CLU® (Chartered Life Underwriter)
- Board member at the Insured Retirement Institute (IRI)
- Co-leader for the Money Management Institute (MMI) Annuity & Insurance Solutions Community
- Board member of Invest in Others and Minnesota State University Moorhead Foundation