With more than 25 years in the financial services industry, Thomes has broad experience within Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America (Allianz Life), holding various leadership roles with increasing responsibility. He is currently responsible for maximizing distribution through strategic relationships in the independent, wirehouse, and bank channels, as well as owned and independent insurance field marketing offices. Thomes has played a pivotal role in strengthening the company’s position as an industry leader.
- 25 years with Allianz Life, focused on helping financial professionals in acquiring and serving clients through retirement planning, income planning, and other protection strategies.
- Oversees all of sales and distribution at Allianz Life.
- Leads a team of 500+ individuals across all distribution channels.
- CEO of Allianz Life Financial Services, a wholesale broker/dealer.
- Previously responsible for all Allianz Life annuity sales through field marketing organization channel.
- Helped lead the successful implementation of Broker/Dealer Contract to bring FIA products to banks and investment banking divisions.
- Active in industry government relations activity at both the state and federal levels.
- Speaker at industry events on trends and changes in retirement planning; conducted over 100 seminars for financial professionals on retirement income strategies.
Education, certifications, and memberships:
- B.S. in Business Management from St. John’s University (Minnesota)
- FINRA 6, 7, 24 and 26 securities registrations
- State of Minnesota Life, Accident & Health Insurance License
- Board member of LIMRA-LOMA Secure Retirement Institute
- Board member of Alzheimer’s Association Minnesota-North Dakota Chapter
- Board member of Allianz Life Field Advisory Board
- Board member of Allianz Life of New York
- Board member of TruChoice Financial Board of Directors
- Member of National Association of Insurance and Finance Advisors (NAIFA)
- Former Chairman of the Board of the National Association for Fixed Annuities (NAFA)
Reuters, Financial Planning, ThinkAdvisor, InsuranceNewsNet